Monday, October 8, 2012

Reaver Monster Titan

So today I am watching Macross Frontier (a link for those who don't know what it is) and I keep thinking about my idea of making the Monster mecha from it into a Reaver titan. It is not the most grim dark mecha of the anime realm that could be used for 40K. But it definitely makes up for it with enough firepower and size for it to be used. Here is a link to a wikia article for those of you who don't know what the Monster is:
http://robotechmacross.wikia.com/wiki/Destroid_Monster



After scouring the web for the original paper model I had found years ago, I was unable to find the original website, but I did manage to locate the template on papercraft.eu at the following link:
http://www.papercraft.eu/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Monster-IV.rar

I believe the model might be too small at its current size so I plan to make a sample model to test it out and check the scale and them make the real thing at the proper scale. I really hope to have this model go from concept to reality quickly, but I really need to finish my War Hound first.

Now I do realize the weapon load out is kind wrong for a Reaver, since of course the Reaver typically has a large missile launcher on top. So I was thinking of just stating the the arms are the missile launchers instead and the top cannons are the normal gun cannons, thus functionally by the rules it would act the same as a Reaver Titan.

No comments:

Post a Comment